October 2013: Sorry, this position is closed. Please link to view our Current Vacancies
Betts Job Hashtag: #BettsRecruit10356
Our Client, a scheduled carrier with routes between West Africa, South Africa, the UK and North America now plan to enhance their team with skills from other Countries across the African continent. Their Airline is adopting the highest of International standards and plans to develop further as an effective, winning company. Already one of West Africa’s leading Airlines, flying Domestic, Regional and International routes from their two bases, they operate a Fleet of Boeing, Airbus, Challenger and Hawker aircraft, with plans to add more in the near future.
If you’d like to join the Team as a Workshop Manager please read the details below and Apply as requested:
• Engineering and Planning; Supply Chain
• Purchasing and Logistics
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The selected Candidate will provide Technical Management of the Airline’s mechanical workshop processes and personnel.
• Ensure compliance of Workshop activities in accordance with the Governing CAA and Airline’s own requirements
• Provide reports on all Workshop processes
• Develop and implement Workshop procedures for all activities
• Ensure continuous improvement monitoring of all procedures
• Be the key interface within Engineering, with its’ suppliers
• Train and develop personnel, to ensure continuous improvement
• Ensure Performance Plans and Reviews, including training and development requirements are completed for direct reports
• Prepare and develop annual budgets, to maintain Workshop performance at the highest level
• Perform other duties as appropriate and within their competence as required from time to time
Who Will Our Client Hire?
Our Clients’ preferred Candidate will bring:
• Workshop Engineer experience with approvals previously held on processes within a similar environment
• Extensive experience in key workshop activities
• Effective communication and team building skills
• A good understanding of cultural issues and the requirement for professional development
• Personal Qualities e.g. ability to work independently or as part of a team with minimal supervision – you should be flexible and creative in your approach
Please send a copy of your CV and an appropriate photograph to Candidates@BettsRecruitment.com
Regrettably, we won’t be able to recommend Candidates who either do not offer the experience, overall profile or who aren’t qualified for other reasons, to our Client.
The Betts Team will review, shortlist and recommend Candidates to our Client – based on your CV. From these recommendations, our Client will then invite their own shortlisted selection of Candidates to attend face to face Interview at their offices.
We will make sure you receive feedback about your application as soon as possible.
Other Betts Information and Links:
Follow us on Twitter with @BettsRecruit to receive new Job Vacancies, Betts Blog articles and appropriate updates; include the #BettsRecruit hashtag to trend Betts.
If you’re a LinkedIn Member, you can LIKE the Betts Recruitment Company page, join the Betts Group and connect with Fiona Betts to stay in touch with our latest Jobs, updates and aviation Hiring Hotspots from around the world.
For a lighter approach, but with Job info included, Fiona’s Facebook Profile and our Betts Facebook Group page might suit you best.
Use Candidates@BettsRecruitment.com whenever you’d like to email your CV/Resume/Bio-Data updates to the Betts Team.
Interested in viewing our other Vacancies? Link and subscribe to the Betts Blog
Related Betts Vacancies
Betts Job ID 10347: Maintenance Control Centre (MCC) Licensed Engineers B737 CL/NG, West Africa
Betts Job ID 10349: Maintenance Control Centre (MCC) Licensed Engineers A340-500, West Africa
Betts Job ID: 10373 Maintenance Planning Engineers, West Africa