January 2014: Sorry, this position is closed. Please link to view our Current Vacancies
Apply Today! 10385 Director of Materials Management, Saudi Arabia
Spec Updated: 13 January 2014
Job Hashtag: #BettsRecruit10385
Dynamic, energetic, motivated, financial planning, a leader of people, a person with vision – and a winner at the Executive level in Procurement and Logistics? If you’ve just thought Yes to each of these and you can bring the skills, value, knowledge and experience that this specific role needs to the table, this could be the Executive position that draws together your aviation Procurement and Logistics skills from across Heavy and Light Maintenance Repair Organizations (MROs), Engineering, Workshop Services and Special Project Support to Civilian (VIP & Airline) and Military Customers.
Based in Saudi Arabia, reporting to the CEO and as Director of Materials Management, you’ll be responsible for multiple business units across the country, leading a diverse Team of 50-60 individuals throughout the entire Materials function and it’s interaction with the wider Organization. Constantly active, demanding, travelling, co-ordinating, leading, planning and budgeting – your strong personality will be brought into use daily in this high profile role, whether setting KPIs, reporting to the CEO, motivating your already settled and committed Team, negotiating with Suppliers or just ensuring things happen in the right order and by the required time.
Your international experience will help you understand and work with both the Saudi culture and those of your mixed Nationality colleagues.
To manage the overall material and logistics requirements for the MRO Operation in a cost effective and efficient manner – and to ensure that the department is properly manned with trained and qualified manpower.
- To develop the department procedures and policies in line with the overall company’s policy
- To ensure that parts are procured from authorized vendors, through proper and transparent procurement processes and in line with the company quality standards
- To prepare and manage the department budget
- To manage the inventory and ensure that it’s adequate to support the operation of the MRO and its customers
- To manage the overall cost of material acquisition and explore opportunities for cost reduction
- To maintain accurate inventory records in the company’s ERP system
- Spare Parts Vendors (OEM, Distributors, MRO, Repair stations & Airlines)
- Aircraft manufacturers
- Freight Forwarders
- Government Offices
- Regulatory Authorities
- External Auditors
- All departments within the MRO
- Divisions and customers under the Holding Group
- All employees under the Material Management Department
- Reviewing, with the Engineering Department, the aircraft requirements for spares, Ground Services Equipment (GSE) and tooling
- Ensuring the department procedures manual is updated and complied with across the Team
- Ensuring all staff are trained and aware of the use of the company’s quality standards and procedures
- Ensuring the department has a cost reduction program and that all buyers are fully aware and trained for procuring the right part at the right time and for the right cost
- Identifying opportunities to introduce efficiency through standardization where possible (eg. introducing standard emergency equipment to gain bulk discounts and minimize holding of multiple stock lines)
- Monitoring parts’ utilization and scheduled service records, to ensure all parts are available on time in order to maximize the availability of aircraft
- Balancing stock levels with usage levels and supplier lead times in order to maximize efficiency of stock holding and reduce value of capital and space dedicated to holding of spare parts and service stocks
- To negotiate contract terms with suppliers and freight forwarders to protect the Company against failure of supply or delivery
- To expedite urgent orders for parts to cover non-schedule requirements (for repairs and failures) ensuring fastest possible turnaround and shipping to minimize aircraft downtime
- Contribute actively as a member of the Management Team to the development and achievement of operating plans for the MRO, in order to improve performance and promote sustainable business growth
- Select, direct, develop and motivate Managers and Staff within the Materials Management Team, to deliver the highest levels of performance, build further capabilities and deliver a highly professional service to meet business expectations
- Implement best practice with regard to the leadership and performance management of the Material Management Team.
- Maintain the department budget and monitor the actual spend to ensure adherence to the budget
- Evaluate and perform the annual appraisal for Materials Management Staff in a fair and transparent way
- Establish and maintain KPIs for the Department and the Staff
- Ensure full utilization of the company’s software programmes by department Staff (TRAX System internet access, IT equip, maintenance)
- Ensure proper communication and coordination with the Finance Department for the payment of suppliers invoices
- Have full control of all major tasks and jobs within stock control responsibilities (parts shelf life, proper storage, parts handling, etc)
Working and Living in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
You will be provided with either a housing allowance, or a house in a secure compound if available at the time of joining. You do need to understand that living in KSA provides a different type of lifestyle than in the West. Women are not allowed to drive and must meet local modesty standards; Saudi people are very warm and friendly. If understanding more about day to day life forms part of your decision making process, please ask any questions you may have and the Betts Team will gladly ask our Client for their comments and advice.
Who Will Our Client Hire?
- You’ll need ten (10) years’ experience in a Purchasing and Logistics Management, in an Airline/MRO
- As a person, you’ll be highly organized, demand effective and well-ordered systems control, be a pro-active forward planner and have the ability to multi-task both yourself and the Team
- You’ll value the contribution your Colleagues and Subordinates make – with motivational strategies and by enabling training opportunities
- A Degree Level education, or higher is needed
- Your experience in International aircraft spares procurement is a must
- You must be fluent in spoken and written English for this multi-national environment– and if you can speak Arabic that will be an advantage, but it isn’t essential
- Encouraging and determined communication skills are vital
- You should have a working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as TRAX, SAP, AMOS, Oracle etc.
- You must hold a valid driving license and be computer literate (Microsoft Office)
- Having an efficient and effective approach, in all matters, will be your foundation stones in this Role
The planned Salary and Benefits Package will be as follows:
If this position seriously interests you, but the following details don’t quite meet your preferred values, talk to us – and we’ll talk to our Client; they want to hire the right person for the job:
- Basic Salary: On file with Betts, to be discussed with shortlisted Candidates the Range is commensurate with European figures and is paid Tax Free
- Housing/Villa Allowance: Three (3) months basic salary, paid monthly over 12mths
- Transportation Allowance: 1500 SAR per month
- Telephone Allowance: 250 SAR per month
- Private Medical Insurance for the Director and his family
- One ticket a year for the Director and his wife and up to two children under the age of 18 to their home country
How to Apply
Please send the following information to Fiona@BettsRecruitment.com
• A copy of your up to date CV/Resume (as a Word.doc please)
• Our Clients always appreciate an appropriate Photograph if you are happy to send one
Please do not send any other documents until we ask for them.
This position has arisen due to the current Director resigning from the Company under good conditions and due to personal reasons. To effect a smooth transition, their new Director would be welcomed early January or sooner if possible.
The Betts Team will recommend Candidates who most closely matched our Client’s preferred Profile and from these, our Client will first Telephone Interview (TI) their selected Candidates and may then arrange Face-to-Face Interviews.
At each step we will liaise closely with you, supporting any Offer Negotiations and Reporting Plans that may be reached.
We will make sure you receive feedback about your application as soon as possible.
The Betts Team
Other Betts Information and Links:
Follow us on Twitter with @BettsRecruit to receive new Job Vacancies, Betts Blog articles and appropriate updates; include the #BettsRecruit hashtag to trend Betts.
If you’re a LinkedIn Member, you can LIKE the Betts Recruitment Company page, join the Betts Group and Connect with Fiona Betts to stay in touch with our latest Jobs, updates and aviation Hiring Hotspots from around the world.
For a lighter approach, but with Job info included, Fiona’s Facebook Profile and our Betts Group page might suit you best.
Use Candidates@BettsRecruitment.com whenever you’d like to email your CV/Resume/Bio-Data updates to the Betts Team.
Interested in viewing our other Vacancies?